Last updated 6/2/17, 8/31/17
The following is a text version of the video instructions.
The first time you use the wireless feature in your X-T2, you’ll need to set it up:
2. Select: CONNECTION SETTINGS > WIRELESS SETTINGS > GENERAL SETTINGS > NAME.
3. Type in your camera’s name: FUJIFILM-XXXX (replace the XXXX with a name of your choice)
4. Click the DISP/BACK button to exit.
Once your X-T2 has a unique NAME, proceed with the connection.
1. If you haven’t yet, go to the App Store and download the Fujifilm Camera Remote app for your iPhone.
3. Select WIRELESS COMMUNICATION.
4. On the iPhone, go to SETTINGS , select WI-FI, and select the FUJIFILM-XXXX network.
5. On the X-T2, the green Wi-Fi icon starts flashing.
6. On the iPhone, open the Fujifilm Camera Remote app and select REMOTE CONTROL.
7. On the X-T2, the screen goes blank.
8. On the iPhone’s Camera Remote app, you’ll see what the camera sees.
9. Use the iPhone’s touchscreen to focus on the subject and adjust ISO, aperture, shutter speed, film simulation mode, etc. To switch from S.S. (shutter speed) to aperture, press the S.S. lightly and release. APERTURE will appear as an option. Tap to select it. To raise or lower, use the arrow <> keys.
10. Press the red dot to release the shutter.
Note: I haven’t tried this routine on other iPhones or smartphones, but I’m guessing that the process would be similar.
Once the iPhone – X-T2 connection is set up, the steps to activating it later are very simple:
2. On the iPhone, go to SETTINGS , select WI-FI, and select the FUJIFILM-XXXX network.
3. On the iPhone, open the Fujifilm Camera Remote app and select REMOTE CONTROL.